Legislature's Joint Committee on the Arts to Hold Creative Economy Hearing
Sacramento, CA – The legislature’s Joint Committee on the Arts, chaired by Senator Ben Allen (D – Santa Monica) will hold a hearing to review the findings of the latest statewide data in this year's Otis Report on the Creative Economy. Now in its third year, the Otis Report on the Creative Economy of California features an expansion highlighting local creative industries via eight regional snapshots, developed with support from the California Arts Council.
What: Hearing of California's Joint Committee on the Arts “California’s Creative Economy: Annual Update and Regional Breakdowns”
When: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 1:30 p.m.
Where: State Capitol, Room 3191
Who: Committee Chair, Senator Ben Allen; Committee Vice Chair, Assemblymember Kansen Chu
With invited testimony from:
- Bruce W. Ferguson - President, Otis College of Art and Design
- Kimberly Ritter-Martinez - Economist, Kyser Center for Economic Research, Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation
- Craig Watson - Director, California Arts Council
- Angie Kim – President and Chief Executive Officer, Center for Cultural Innovation
- Connie Martinez – Chief Executive Officer, Silicon Valley Creates
- Elizabeth Monoian – Founder and Director, Society for Cultural Exchange, Co-founder, Land Art Generator Initiative
- Deborah Nadoolman Landis – Costume Designer and Historian
- Maurice Woods – Executive Director and Founder, Inneract Project; Senior Experience Design Lead, Microsoft
- Gretchen de Castellane - Director, Hot Wheels Packaging Design, Mattel, Inc.
The hearing will be broadcast live, via an accessible link located at http://senate.ca.gov/.