Senator Ben Allen to Announce Arts Education Legislation
Sacramento, CA – Senator Ben Allen (D – Santa Monica), chair of the Joint Committee on the Arts, will hold a press conference on Wednesday, January 27, to announce the introduction of state legislation pertaining to arts education.
- Senator Ben Allen, Chair, Joint Committee on the Arts
- Members of the Joint Committee on the Arts (invited)
- Brad Erickson, Executive Director, Theatre Bay Area
- Nancy Ng, representing the California Dance Education Association
- Joe Landon, Executive Director, California Arts Education Alliance
- Carol Hovey, President, California Educational Theatre Association
- Carl W. Schaefer, Ed.D., Arts Education Consultant; Adjunct Lecturer, CSU Fullerton
- Ron Rapp, Legislative Director, California Federation of Teachers
- Kathy Lynch, Advocate, California Alliance for Arts Education
What: Announcement of arts education legislation
Where: State Capitol, Room 1190
Sacramento, CA 95814
When: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 @ 9:30 a.m.
Background: This press conference coincides with the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the establishment of the California Arts Council (CAC). Hundreds of artists and representatives of arts organizations will be in Sacramento on Wednesday, January 27, for a variety of events commemorating the organization’s anniversary. The CAC’s mission is to advance California through the arts and creativity, and to build public will and resources for the arts.
# # #