Senate Oversight/Informational Hearing on Campaign Finance Regulation and Disclosure
Four decades of US Supreme Court decisions have left states and municipalities with limited options on how they may regulate campaign spending. The Senate Committee on Elections and Constitutional Amendments, chaired by Senator Ben Allen (D – Santa Monica), will examine current state and local practices as well as the outlook for advances in campaign finance regulation and disclosure.
The Committee will hear testimony from Secretary of State Alex Padilla, Fair Political Practices Commission Chair Jodi Remke, California Common Cause Executive Director Kathay Feng, and other public interest group representatives.
- What: The Senate Committee on Elections and Constitutional Amendments, chaired by Senator Ben Allen, will conduct an oversight/informational hearing on Campaign Finance Regulation and Disclosure.
- When: Friday, December 11, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.
- Where: Ronald Reagan State Building Auditorium
300 South Spring St., Los Angeles, CA
- Who: Witnesses include Secretary of State Alex Padilla, FPPC Chair Jodi Remke, Common Cause Executive Director Kathay Feng, California Forward Director of Public Affairs Phillip Ung, California Clean Money Campaign Executive Director Trent Lange, and Wolf-PAC California State Director Alison Hartson.
- Online: The hearing will be livestreamed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymD_IwqibJ8&feature=youtu.be